Nations For Change News
January 2, 2009
CALL TO ACTION
Day of National Service
January 17-19, 2009
President-Elect Barack Obama has designated January 19th as a Day of National Service. People all over the country are putting together service events to help people in their communities.
This is an official Nations For Change call to action. We are asking each and every one of you to host an event in your city or participate in one that is already being planned. It needn't be elaborate.
Furthermore, since we now have members in 17 countries, let's make it a day of service all over the world!
WHAT TO DO:
1. Think about what your community needs. Coats for the homeless? Visits to lonely seniors? Food drive? Decide on an activity.
2. Plan the event to occur any time between January 17th and January 19th.
3. PEBO's website for this event will go up next week and will include a guide on how to host your own event. Check back here or on The Works for more information.
4. Schedule your event on the new service website and on MyBO as well. Start recruiting participants by inviting members of your local teams and MyBO groups.
5. Go for it and help make a difference in your community.
December 10, 2008
Nations For Change Announces New National House Meetings Network
Nations For Change is proud to announce the opening of its National House Meetings Network (NHMN), a national database designed to to source and trend the sociopolitical concerns of Americans all across the United States and develop appropriate action plans as needed.
The network is open to individuals who commit to meeting with other members of their community on a monthly basis, engage in thoughtful dialogue, identity and share their concerns with one another, and report the outcomes of those meetings to the NHMN network.
Participant Eligibility Criteria:
1. Each meeting must be regularly attended by at least eight people.
2. Participants must agree to meet once a month.
3. A maximum of two representatives from each meeting may join the network.
4. The representatives agree to report the outcomes of each meeting in a timely fashion and standardized format.
November 17, 2008
Nations For Change announces its 2009 Action Plan.
November 15, 2008
Nations For Change launches its new website at www.nationsforchange.org.